ARCHI is Changing
The Australian Resource Centre for Healthcare Innovations (ARCHI) website will transition from HealthShare NSW to the
Agency for Clinical Innovation (ACI).
This provides the opportunity to consolidate and share clinical information and innovative knowledge resources across the NSW health system and beyond.
New on ARCHI
This project at Nepean Hospital aims to improve the flow of patients throughout the hospital, thus improving the overall patient journey by:
- increasing the number of discharges by 10am
- realigning the mismatch between discharge and admission times
- increasing the confidence and satisfaction of patients, carers and staff regarding the discharge date and time.
Essentials of Care (EOC) is a framework for the evaluation of the essential care provided at the clinical ward and unit level.
Using transformational practice development methodologies healthcare teams are engaged in the evaluation and development of the clinical care provided.
The Safe Clinical Handover Program has been expanded to include three new projects:
- JMO Clinical handover - Improving patient safety through consistent and quality clinical handover at all shift changes for Junior Medical Officers (JMOs).
- GP/Hospital handover - The conceptualised GP/Hospital clinical handover project aims to improve transfer of clinical information in both directions between acute facilities and General Practice.
- Ambulance to ED handover - The NSW Ambulance to Emergency Department project was established to develop a handover protocol that ensured the smooth transfer of pre-hospital care in the acute setting
What is ARCHI?
The Australian Resource Centre for Healthcare Innovations (ARCHI) is a unique national information and networking service for health professionals.
ARCHI supports innovation in health care delivery by disseminating resources and fostering connections between health care providers and service managers who are involved in implementing change.